Thursday, June 10, 2010

Illusione ~MJ12~

What can you say about a great cigar like the Illusione MJ!12? Let's see!

Illusione
MJ12
Where to start with this cigar, first of all it’s a monster.  Not as big as big gets but much bigger than I usually smoke, I tend to gravitate to 50 ring gauge and smaller.  I would have to say my favorite sizes are robustos, coronas, and lanceros but it is good to venture outside of my normal routine and smoke something different.  That being said this big boy looks delicious with it's dark brown silky wrapper and medium veins, its not terribly oily but has a glow to it.

As far as flavor and taste goes I got a metric ton of spice for the first ¼ inch, it kinda felt like horseradish, you know how it gets your nose wide open but the tingle doesn’t last for long.  After that initial hit in the nose the spice mellows into a beautiful citrus and is complimented by a raw nutty and powdered cocoa flavor.  The next taste sensation I get is a weird one but it works very well, pencil shavings, the smell of freshly sharpened pencils.  Like I said I don’t know why it works but it does so seamlessly.  Something else I get that is very hard for me to pick out is tea, I get it more on the palate than the nose but I'm not sure what type of tea it is.  The MJ12 finishes out with a mellow citrus spice, an under tone of earth and leather, and a very bright punch of flavor at the tail end of the retro hale.  I can't put my finger on the last flavor but it reminds me of something vegetal for what its worth.
The MJ12 is a BIG cigar both in flavor and strength.  It is also BIG on value, nice balance between flavor, body, strength, and it smoke with out issue for 2 hours.  This was a perfect companion as I watched the World Cup Celebration and I am sad to see it go up in smoke but it did so in a delectable whirlwind of flavors.  Thank you Dion, thank you.
bigslim3k

Bonita Smoke Shop

Follow us on Facebook 

Follow us on twitter